Sunday, September 1, 2013

Dia de los pioneros- Pioneer DAY! (31 July, Week 4, Transfer 9)


Yesterday the internet went out in the library, so I didn't get the chance to write.

Anyways, there are lots of changes happeneing here!  The major one that will affect you all is that our Pday s are changing to MONDAY.  They are changing the system that they collect weekly numbers (of how many lessons we had/contacts/people at church etc) with and in order for that to work and be effective, they have to be able to have an extra day to ensure that all numbers in the computer are correct before they get sent into SAlt LAke Tuesday evening. I don't know if any of that made sense, but in short it just means that I will now be eamiling on Mondays- so you all will just have to bump your writing schedule up 24 hours:)  I don't mind that it is changing, it's just different than what we are used to.  It's been nice to have it on Tuesdays because it's been a nice break in the week, but we'll all acclimate just fine:)

We had a great week this week!  It was quite lovely actually. We picked up 7, yes SEVEN new investigators. Pure beauty! and 2 Families. Very interesting families, but they both ahave a lot of potential!  so we are excited to have them and to get them going. The biggest issue around here is that you find people to teach and then they just seem to drop off the face of the earth- due to WORK, family, or whatever else. so we are praying that that won't happen with these people.  WE also had a lovely pioneer Day celebration as a Stake activity.  and it turned out So sweet. We had a n investigator come, her name is Adriana and she brought her cute littel kids and they loved it!  She is about to give birth though, so she's been super busy at getting things ready for the baby to come and is hard to catch at home.  Our ward built a replica of the Nauvoo Temple in the back parking lot of our Stake center and it turned out so beautiful!  It was so sweet. There is a picture of it with me and Hna Lythgoe attached.

One of the ladies we picked up as an investigator this week is super sweet. her name is Blanca and she accepted a baptismal date the first lesson!!  We are excited for her. She is just full of love and she invited us in and made THE BEST agua de melon I have had yet.  it was so good.  I don't know if I mentioned this before, but Mexicans call juice 'water'. They make their own juice out of all fruits- there's types like "agau de fresas/melon/sandia, etc' strawberries, cantelope, guava, watermelon, etc.  I didn't really like it very much at the begginning of the mish becuase it tasted like watered down juice, but it is so delicious. they basically just blend the fruit in a blender and then stick some water in it and sometimes some sugar and There ya go!  I will make some when I get home.  So yummy.  Anyways, we are super excited about her!

Hna Lythgoe and I are doing well:) Next week is the last week of the transfer and I am almost positive that one of us will leave. I think I mentioned this in my handwritten letter, but I'm a little worried that I am going to be moved to English work this transfer:(  Just because we have a LOT of experienced Spanish sisters, but hardly any new span sisters coming in. And there are going to be a TON of new english sisters coming in and all of the english sisters rigjht now basically just got into the mission and are all super young.  So we will see.  I hope not, but if that is where the Lord needs me, I will go! 

Our new mission president is doing well, he is still adjusting. You can tell it is all still very new to him, but he's doing a great job:) 

That is exciting news about Benj and his release date!!!  So great. I hope all goes well with that! 

Well that's pretty much all there is to report on this week!   Glad to hear all is well at home!  Mom- don't worry, things with the Bishop are fine, he's just learning:)  And yes, I got hte package, thanks!! 

Love you all lots! Good luck to the Kusileks and Fords with their moves this week !!

Oh and to Addie and Ella, no we don't have fireflies here;( 

Love, Hna Whicker


No comments:

Post a Comment