Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Great Week (4 Nov, Week 6, Transfer 11)

Well we had an aweseom week this week!  Definitely eventful....

We'll start off on Friday morning. It was a normal morning...we ran, we ate breakfast, and we got through about 55 minutes of our personal study.  And then I saw my vitamins that I had sitting at the side of me desk, and I thought, "Oh I should take those" They are the  meltable kind and so I popped on ein my mouth and trying to be a good companion, I put one on the corner of Hna Painter's desk for her to eat.  This was my though process, "Hmm, these taste different than the other ones, what kind are they?" I look at the container. "Nice, mixed berry.  STrwberries, rasberries, cranberries, etc. STrawberries. HERMANA SPIT IT OUT IT HAS STRAWBERRIES!!!" My dear companion is deathly allergic to strawberries. And I almost killed her.  To make a long story short we used her Eppi Pen and we ran to the ER because her throat started to tighten up.  It was horrible. Well actually it was fine.  They didn't do anything- the eppi pen did all the work, but I felt so horrible!  Who would have thought that a dang little vitamin could have done so much damage.  Anyways- she is fine, and we have been laughing about it all week because looking back on it it was quite hilarious. 

Later that night we had our first "NOche con los Misioneros" and it was a successsssssss!  It was basically just like a ward FHE the we were in charge of...well actually basically that I was in charge of.  It was minute to win it themed and we had 4 different stations (mine was the getting the oreo from your forehead to your mouth without using anything but your face muscles. It was awesome) and then we ended it with a demonstration on making a PB and J sandwich related to obedience and the commandments. It was great. We all had a good time and one of our investigators brought her WHOLE family to it- so it was awesome.

Then Saturday Morning ALEX GOT BAPTIZED!!!! It was a beautiful service.  and everythign went to smoothly it was surreal.  but the spirit was super strong and we had sooo mnay people  there from the branch- so great. It was the 2nd baptism they have had all year i believe...as far as our records show at least.  So it was an exciting day. 

One of my old comapnions goes home today- Hermana Schwegler. I am so sad to see her go, and seeing her leave makes it quite real for me. BUT- the Lrod has a plan, and all good things can't last forever. The Lord's got somethign else waiting for us.  But we are really hoping to get our family (Ruth's family) on ncourse to being baptized! They have come to church 2 weeks in a row AND they invited us to our Halloween Party- so we are making progress. Ruth wants to be baptized but wants her 2 oldest kids to be baptized with her when she does it ( they are both 16 and are in the rebellious stage of life) - So we are trying to work with her on that as w ell as trying to work woth her kids.  so- hopefully the spirit can touch their hearts and they'll have that desire.

I was so excited for Daylight savings time because we got an extra hour of sleep!! And it was blissfull, just what I needed. But man- it made church  SUPER LAte. We already have a late schedule: 2:20- 5:30 and so when we got our it was already pitch black and felt liek  8pm.  but it's okay, we just need to adjust to it:)

Our mission has been picked to start out a new training program with Family History- so this week we've had to fill out this little booklet on our family members and tell what we remember about them and it's basically a pedigree chart, just more personal. It's been SO fun! I have had this goal to get into Family History when I get home- it's so fun tjust to feel that connection with them and I Lvoe it. So Gma Whick- be start preparing for your next student ookay? Cause I really don't know hardly anythign about it!  CAn't wait for that. It really just brings a joy into life and makes you appreciate the past and really apppreciate heavenly Father's plan for each of us. Sometimes my mind is BLOWN by how much planning Heavenly Father had to do to make everything just ritgh for us to be here where we are. And then I start to think about the planning that it must have taken to create the world and my brain just hurts. I just love HIM.  I'm so grateful for this opportunity He's given us to learn here, beacuse it truly is a learnign expereince.

Mom - who was it that always had the expression "Rainshine"? BEcause that has been happening here a lot and it just brings a smile to my face everytime becauseI feel like someone is watchign over me:)  Was it GMa Tims?

Well I was bummed to hear that Katie's infection is back!  Poor girl. I was actually tryign to figure out what to fast for yesterday and she popped into my mind- so I joined in that fast as well without even realizing it.  I pray that this can all get worked out!! Life sure is hard isn't it? and since when do we have kittens?? That was a surprise to me. 

And can someone please resend me the  instructions for KAtie's Christmas Project thing? I really and truly can't find them in any of my emails. Thanks!

Well I lvoe you all. I love this work. This truly is the most fulfilling time of my life that I have expereinced.  I love it with all of my heart and I love the peopl so much! It is so humbling to be here. humbling to be a servant of the Lord. At the baptism we had we  taught a lesson inbetween the "changing' time and one of the members came up to me afterwards and said that we were angels sent to this branch to help it grow.  There is no other feeling quite like it in the world to know that you were able to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord.  I am grateful for the strngth that He gives me day by day!

I hope you all have a wonderful and successfull week! Love you all so !

-Hermana Whicker





No comments:

Post a Comment