Saturday, April 13, 2013

2 April, Week 5, Transfer 6


What a week.   It's been a long one, but a good one.  

It started off a little rocky, but it wasn't anything a good companionship inventory couldn't fix:)  All is welll, just sometimes you need a comp inevtory on the spot.  

Let's be honest, I've been super blessed. Blessed with my family, my friends the areas I've served, my companions- and this week was no different.  We had FOUR investigators at church this week- which is pure BEAUTY. AND we had a super less active come to church with her mother and daughter- and it was just great.   A GREAT birthday present.  Maria and Conchita are getting excited to be baptized on the 13th and we just set a baptismal date with another investigator named Alfonzo.  

So funny story.  We had a lesson with Alfonzo yesterday and he is completely blind. His wife has demensia and has  no memory and can't really do anything by herself.  The only thing she remembers is how much she doesn't like us.... anywho:)  We brought a recent convert with usto the lesson - Areceli, who is also almost completely blind.  We have a bomb lesson, set a baptismal date, and before we leave I go to the bathroom.  This is the scene I see as I leave the bathroom and walk into the living room:  Areceli standing up with her cane and moving her arm back and forth in the air ( vigorous punching motion) and saying to Alfonzo, "Mira, Mira, asi, asi.  MIRA! ASI! (Look, like this.  Look. Look. Look.  Like THIS)" trying to show him how to do this exercise. All the while Alfonzo (who can't "mira" SEE, because he is blind is trying to recreate the exercise as best he can by swinging his arm over top of his head and out in front of him. ( Please keep in mind that both of these people are on the older side...like 75 plus)  So this is what I walk out to in the living room- and it is ALLL I can do not to burst into laughter! It was probably one of the funniest scenes I have ever seen in my life. Don't worry, we helped Alfonzo get the correct arm motion down to do the exercise, but we got a good giggle out of that:) Hehe it was really great!!

Thank you everyone for the Birthday packages I received!  We opened gifts on Saturday night and celebrated with our roommates, the english sisters.  It was fun:) Tara- yes, yours arrived on time, and i LOVE the dress- I wore it on Sunday:)  Mom- Love the skirt I wore it yesterday!  Thanks for the Camera too:)  It works just lovely:) Cam- the candies were delicious:)   Sunday was Hermana Lythgoe's birthday too- ( my MTC companion that is currently serving in Oceanside) so that was fun to know that we are exactly the same age:)  I got to church and A member made me a nutella/ banana cake!  It was delicious:)  Dad and Mom thanks for the card and lovely words of love!  Overall- It was a GREAT birthday and the members here are so full of love!  People are so giving, even when they just have absolutely NOTHING.  I almost cried when Areseli, our blind recent convert, that has absolutly NOTHING, gave me a picture clutch to put pictures of my family in.  She struggles to buy food and gave me this things that she surely sacrificed something to give to me.  It was so tender and truly is an example of the pure love of Christ.  I am so spoiled, that experience definitely humbled me.  

Grandma- nope I still haven't gotten a letter from you, but I have a feeling that I'll get it this week when we get mail. Don't worry I'll let you know!  

April fools day joke. So our roommates, the english sisters, have an obession with garlic.  So yesterday, for april fools day, we left them some peeps with garlic salt on them...let's just say I  think they've found something that they don't like garlic with....:) 

Wow- quite the news about Katie. I will keep her and the doctors in my prayers- I hope everythign can be worked out and they will know what to do!!

Also, this isn't the first time that Julie and zach have been mentioned in their emails...and how they are in their prayers.  I have no idea what is going on...anyone want to fill me in?

Also, I finished the Book of Mormon Challenge this week!!! Wow, I just love the Book of Mormon! It is so sosoososo powerful and testifies of Chirst on  nearlyt every page!  Well, el tiempo se va como agua...the times flies when emails come.  But know that I love you all and I ma SO appreciative for your love.  I am especially appreciative of the love of my Savior and His sacrifice, his Suffering, and his Resureccion for US!!!  I feel and overwhelming love for Him and I pray that we can all work daily to be worthy of the loving gift He has given us!  Love you all soooo! 


Have an awesome week:)

Hna Whicker

No comments:

Post a Comment