Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Woooot, 16 Oct Week 4 Transfer 2

BAptismssssssssss are flippin' awesome!!

Actually, it was probably the most stressful day of my life, but that's okay because Juan got baptized and confirmed and that's all that matters:)  Juan was super quiet and nervous and his little brothers were being little pills throughout the entire service!  So much so that Rosi and Ruben (Juan's parents) both had to keep getting up and taking them out throughout the whole thing. I really just wanted to give those children some discipline - but alas, that is not my place, and as it was our investigator getting baptized we couldn't just leave to help them because we were in charge. But despite the stress and craziness, it was a lovely day.  We went over to see Juan last night and talk to him about his experience and he was just so happy. He is normally a very quiet boy with very few words, but he told us that he has felt different, and he was just full of smiles and happiness, and it just brought joy to my soul!  So happy for him and his family!  They have a date to be sealed in the temple next February and they are so EXCITED! Now they can ALL go as a family, and Juan is going to be adopted by Ruben (b/c Ruben is not his biological Dad, but has basically been his father his whole life) I hope I will be able to get permission to go to there sealing from wherever I am in the mission then! That would be SWEET!

Also, CHRISTIAN CAME TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY!! Boom Baby.  I'm not sure I've ever been so happy before!  We had exchanges this week and Hna Farr came here to Oceanside with me and we went and visited Christian.  He was super nervous about talking to his boss, but we were b old with him and promised him that if he prayed with all his heart, and then talked to his boss and told him the importance of coming to church to him, then his boss' heart would be softened and he wouldn't have to work on Sunday.  Let me tell you, the Lord listens!!! Christian called us and told us that he doesn't have to work the next 3 Sundays and that it is probably going to be a permanent change!  MIRACLE!!  So, his baptismal date is the 25th of Oct!  We are so excited for him!  He is so ready, and he is such a sweet man. Can't wait!  

It has been freezing here this week.  Well, really only at night.  But still- I'm definitely gonna  need someone to send me some tights when the winter time comes. because it gets way colder than I ever expected.  And I definitely didn't bring very many or sweaters or anything. So I'll have to get some or have you send me some from my stash in the garage mom when winter gets here. 

Um- Did I know that Maddy and Stu were pregnant??  I think I might have, and I just forgot...but anyways Congrats to them!!! Let me know when you find out what it is:)

Mom- you inhaled chlorine gas? Oh dear. Glad you got a blessing and I hope that you get better quick! It seems like every time you write, you tell me about some type of health issue that you are having...that is not good.  You need to be healthy mother!:)  I'll keep you in my prayers!  How is Katie doing?  All is well after the surgery?

Tara- You won an Ipad? Geez louise.  You are the second person in our family that has won an ipad.  Maybe that luck will be passed on to me when I get home:) Hope Audrie's nose is okay and that nothing is broken!!

Jame- I already replied to your email, but just in case you didn't get it, i most definitely prefer apple over black licorice:)  

DAd- got your card this week:) Thanks so much!  It's always fun to hear from you in spanish:) Hope you are doing well this week...didn't hear from you today, but you're probs just busy:)  

Al- glad you got to go to SG this week! Wade sounds like a little cutie at this stage! Glad you are enjoying him so much !!

CAm- I think you are right, I think that Porter does kinda look like me when I was his age:)  I don't mind at all:)  Love you - and hope the Fords are doing well this week too! 

KAte- I'd really like to hear from you sometime you little stink.  I think that last time I heard anything from you was like my 3rd week in the MTC! Girl-----that is unacceptable! I expect an email from you next week k?  K. Love ur face. 

Well there are only 2 weeks in the transfer left and it is most likely that Hna K and I will be split up.  Trainers are normally only with their greenies for 2 transfers.  I"ll be honest, that makes me really nervous....I feel like we have just gotten to the point where we have really good relationships with all of our members and that we still have a lot of good that we can do here together in this area.  But...we'll see what the Lord has in store for us!  Hope all is well at home and if I can remember to get stamps today I will send my memory card home with pics on it.  Love you all so!  

-Han Whick

No comments:

Post a Comment