Tuesday, October 9, 2012

9 Oct Week 3 Transfer 2

The Gift of Tongues...

has been abundant in this area!  In more than one way...let me tell you!!  Spanish is coming along quite nicely, and I continue to learn so  much every single day.  I mean, let's be honest, I still have a LONG way to go, but I am getting there, one step at a time! 

We had an interesting dinner appointment this week...anyone ever eaten TONGUE before?  Let me tell you, it was a first for me...and I think I would have been much better off had I not seen it being prepared and cut... it is really quite sickening and fascinating all at the same time. ANyways, it tastes just like regular meat, just a little more fatty, and has an interesting smell to it...but all in all, I'd rather eat tongue than shrimp.  Honestly. I hate shrimp. And people here love seafood. Ugh.  I'm gonna attach a picture for you to see what it look like!  So gross!   ( The third picture is nothing out of the ordinary...ya know, just peeling the tongue to get the meat inside....gross!! The fourth pic is of me in a traditional guatemalen shirt...one of Hna K's converts froma  diff area is in love with her and sent this to her this week:)  DAd and Ali, did you guys ever eat Mole in Argentina or is that a Mexican thing? Mole is like  a chocolate sauce that they put of chicken or other meat...it is interesting, not horrible, but not somethign I would ever voluntarily make for myself.  Just curious:)

This week has been a great one.  Just great. I love Conference SO mUCH!!  I'll be honest though, seeing it made me feel a little homesick. I think it's the first time I've really had a desire to be home since I've been on my mission...I mean I love you all, but I just haven't struggled with that since I've been gone Thankfully. But I'm doing just fine now:) It was great to be spritiually uplifted, but it was a different experience because after it was over, I just wanted to sit and read my  notes and absorb everything that had just been taught...but alas, no part of the life of a missionary includes just sitting and absorbing...:)  Ya just Go go go!  Sweet news about the new missionary age limits huh? so Awesome!!!

And here we are....going!  Juan is getting baptized this Saturday and it is just going to be so flipping great!  HE's had his interview, and all is a go! Christian....is being a little stink. Well, he is still great, but he;s just stuck...stuck with his job! And he can't progress or be baptized if he doesn't COME TO CHURCH! We are working real hard with him, being BOLD, and doing everythign we can to make him act, but we are still waiting to see some results from that. So, we'll keep you updated on him for sure. We still have a baptismal date set for the 27th of OCt with him, so we are praying realllllllll hard for that to still work! 

WE picked up a new investigator this week, her name is Elsa, and she is flipping awesome.  She has SO much potential, and we are hoping that next  time we go over there we can teach her whole family!  This could be the family we've been praying to find....so we are super excited about them! 

Oh. I cut my hair:) Chopped it off again, and it is SO much better! Cooler, easier, and it looks better....so it;'s a win win situation!
MOm- got your pictures yesterday:) THanks so much for all the mints and EMergen-C's!  I also got a letter from Marisa Kendrick and she said things are great out there in OK except BErt wants to move back:)  Haha they are so funny. I hope they do move back:)
Gma Whick! I got your letter too, the print out of the blog!  That was great to read, thanks so much! 

Oh- I have a favor. Mom- you have 2 Paul Cardall cds that are just the hymns piano music....any chance you can burn me a copy of each of them and sen d them to me?  That would be great! Maybe Kate or Ali can talk you through that process when she comes down this weekend:)  It sounds like you already talked to Claudia and heard that I say her son and his family in the Chapel while we were watchign conference:) They were very sweet and told me if I ever needed anythign to let then know:) 

Tara- that is such a sweet and tender experience that you had with KAylee! What a miracle it is to have children around us t oremind us of what is important in life... love that.  CAmi- Porter is a little CHUNK!! WHat a cutie! HE;s gonna be so huge by the time I get home!

Anyways, I am so glad to hear that Katie is doing well!  I was thinking and praying for her on Friday! Glad to hear all went well and that she is on the recovery and back at school already!   

Anyways, I LOVE you all more than you know!  You are all such great examples to me of faith and love and trust in the Lord, despite whatever is happening in life! I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to receive all the joy and happiness that the Lord wants us to have in this life!  There is no greater joy than that of the knowledge of the Gospel and LIVING it! So keep on keepin on, and the Lord will continue to bless you in way s that you can't even imagine!  Love you all so and hope you have a wonderful week this week!!!

-Love always, 

Hna Whicker

No comments:

Post a Comment