Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Baptism!!!!!!!! 2 October 2012, Week 2 Transfer 2

So much to say, so little time....

BUT-Sweet things have happened this week! It has been a good week here in Oceanside.  We had some great things happen and I just get excited to be able to play a part in the work of the Lord! One recent convert family in the ward has a son, Juan, that is 15 that didn't want to get baptized when his family was baptized. He has since taken the discussions but didn't ever want to live the Law of Chastity. BUT, his family is getting ready to go to the temple to be sealed in a couple of months and he really wants to be apart of that. So, we've started teaching him this last week and he is willing to start living the law of chastity, and agreed to set a baptisimal date and everything. He is great, and he is ready!  His baptism is set for the 13th of Oct and we are so excited! Miracle:)

Christian is doing so great!  He is so ready to be baptized...but his dang job is the only thing that is impedeing him from doing it!  He is looking for a new job, but hasn't found one, and doesn't want to quit his old one until he has something secured. Which is understandable...but if he doesn't come to church then he can't be baptized!  Ahh, oh man. He is so ready and keeps ALL of his commitments (except church), we just need a miracle to happen with his job! So we are praying hard for that to happen... and it will...just gotta keep doing all we can to help move thigns along!

K -- imagine this. SO Hna K (who btw has the rest of this transfer left and then 1 more transfer before she goes home...and she is from indiana.  Someone asked me that last week and I forgot to tell them) and I are driving along to get to our dinner appt with a family and we see this only astro van sitting in the middle of the road, broken down with the hazards on. This guy is almost completely blocking traffic on a VERY busy road during rush hour.  Poor guy was sweating bullets.  The light turns green and we go along on our merry way...but we both felt REALLY guilty that we didn't stop to help him.  So, we turn around and go back, and he's still sitting there, sweating bullets.  So Mind you--Hna K and I weere looking pretty good that day, if I do say so myslef... but there we are- two missionaries in our nice skirts and outfits pushing this HUGE astro van out of the middle of the road with a million cars passing us.  I'm sure it was quite the sight to see...I was giggling quite hard myself:) Then to top it off, once we get him around the corner out of the way, this old man beach bum comes up on his bycicle and starts shouting " We gotts keep these ladies safe!!  I'm dropping everything to come help ya right now! We gotta keep these lovely ladies safe!" It was Hilarious! So so dang funny. People here are f unny:)  But, at least they try and keep the ladies safe;) Anyways, it was a fun adventure! Not ONE person out of all the million cars that passed him  stopped to help him, but I'm glad we could:)

We also got hit by a car in the parking lot yesterday.  HArdly any damage, just some paint scuffs, but we were parked in the back of a grocery store parking lot waiting to meet the Zone leaders to exchange some papers.  Hna K looks in the rear view mirror and says, "This guy's gonna hit us!" then he really did hit us, and she is just sitting there repeating, "I can't believe, he hit us...and he's driving away. HE's driving away!" On the other hand, my first reaction is to look at the car, get the model and lisecnce plate number...to which I immediately did! 6HEU639, and I just kept repeating it to myslef while she is sitting there saying "He hit us!"  It was quite hilrious just to see the different way s we both reacted to the same situation:)  Just made me giggle!

Anyways, it's been a god week here!  Bummer to hear that you guys had quite the crazy week with Katie.  Glad that she can get the surgery can get done so quickly, and I will be praying for her safetly and quick recovery as well! 

Mom - I didn't have time to read you piece for the blog...if you could mail that to me it would be awesome! And yes, I do have the green recipe thing for recipes that you gave me before:) I'll work on my piece for the blog and get that to you guys as soon as I can! Sorry I didn't get it to you yet!  Sorry Cam that you have had such a cruddy week with sickness and such, hope all gets better very soon!  Tara - tell Audge congrats on her grades!! That is so awesome:)  AL- congrats on your calling in the Rs pres, that will be fun for ya:) Jame- glad Ella is loving Joy school so much! You're grls are so cute...tell them that I have their pictures that they drew for me up on my wall and I see them everyday:)  Kate! Good luck with surgery this week, you'll pull through with flying colors- I know it!  DAd- so glad your leg is doing so well!!  Mom- hope you get your energy back soon!

Love you all so ! Hope you have a great week! LovE

Hna Whicker

No comments:

Post a Comment