Tuesday, September 11, 2012

11 Sept-Week 5, Transfer 1

Hello wonderful FamilY!! 

First of all I have a few requests:)
1. I need our Banana Bread recipe
2. Ali- ya know the purple scripture case you made me for my small english scriptures? Well, it has caught the eye of many peeps in this area, especially my companion.  Don't worry, I'm advertising for ya:)  But, any chance you can make one in yellow (just like mine-same size and all) and send it to me?  I want to buy it from you to gove to Hna Kohrman;) And yes, I need to buy it from you, you can't just give it to me k? But you'll have to tell me how much it is and I'll just send ya a check k? K. Gracias.

We are down to one investigator, JAcqueline. She is a sweety. She's about 45 or so and has 2 kids and is a devout Catholic.  She lost her Mom and her Dad within the last year as well as her baby several years ago.  We talked about the plan of Salvation and how her parents are in the Spirit world now, and how she'll be able to see them and be with them again after this life. It was a sweet lesson and the Spirit was strong.  We've only taught her once, and she bailed on us when went to pick her up for church on Sunday, but we are meeting again with her tonight so we are hoping to do a chapel tour and get rid of any fears or uncertainty that she has about coming to church. Hopefully she'll feel the power of the Spirit and accept our invitation t obe baptized! 

This week, this week.  It has been a long one. It is hard to work SO hard everyday and do everything you can, and then you get home and you just can't see any results for all the hard work t hat you put in.  That is probably the most frustrating thing to me- not seeing results. I am a very visual person- I like to make things, clean, things, do projects, and then when I'm done I just like to step back and enjoy the fruits of my labor...the Lord is really testing me on that one.  I KNOW there are people her that have been prepared and that are ready for the Gospel, but we just can't seem to find 'em yet.  Hna Kohrman and I fasted this last Sunday to be able to understand what the Lord wants us to do in this area- and we both feel very strongly that we need to work through the members to find people to teach. So- that has been our goal.  Last night we had prepared this AWESOME dinner message with one of our active families. SEriously, it was sweet and we were both pumped to share it.  THey are a great family and we have a pretty good relationship with them.   ANd we got there, we ate, and we started sharing the message and man oh man- they shot down EVERYTHING we said! We had a scripture, a quote from Elder BAllard about member missionary work, and a commitment to pray sincerely to the Lord to find someone they could share the gospel with and have a name by a certain date.  Excuses, excuses, excuses about how they can't do it because they work and on and on and on.  Needless to say it was very frustrating.  So here is the question: What would could the missionaries do to motivate YOU to do missionary work?  Let me know in you r next letters k?

Sweet experience this week.  Our zone put together this musical fireside that was called "Follow Thou Me". All missionoaries played a role and were to invite eVERYONE. Members, non-members, investigators, friends, contacts, everyone. It was all about the life of the Savior and His invitation for us to follow him.  We had narration, clips of the new Bible videos on lds.org and then a song after each of the sections of HIs life.  I was SUPER nervous about it becuase they asked me to sing  "I stand All amazed" and then they turned the song (which was written to be a solo) into a quartet with some other sister missionaries.  Normally, I prefer to sing in a grouprather than a solo-but I was very hesitant in this instance. Ya know how some voices just clash when they mix? Well that was pretty much the case here. Every practice that we did was horrible. But then, as we were sitting waiting for our turn to sing in the fireside, we were watchign the clip of Christ's crucifiction and His suffering in the garden. As we were watchign that, the Spirit just filled me up. It didn't matter what we were going to sound like, becuase the words of the song that mattered. CHrist suffered everything for us. This event was the most important thing that ever happened! And we were about to declare that to the world. And we did. I have no idea how we sounded- but I know exactly how we all felt, and I know how the audience felt. IT was a SWEET experience. Man- we are so blessed. SO BLESSED!  THe Savior died for YOU. Specifically for you. So that You can return again to  live with God. How can we not do what He asks of us when He has given us everythign? Oh I how am forever grateful to my Savior. I can never repay Him for the great gift He has given me. I know with all my heart that He lives. HE lives!! My heart just overflows with love at the thought of  Him and all He has done for me!

OUt of time yet again...but I love you all ! Thanks for being so supportive in all that I do, you are all such great examples of love and light and I couldn't ask for better family and friends!

-HErmana Whicker
 

No comments:

Post a Comment