Tuesday, June 12, 2012

6 June 2012-First night in MTC

Dear Family,

Today has basically been the longest day ever.  I am exhausted already and I feel like I haven't done anything yet.  It has been overwhelming to say the least...I've definitely already seen that I have a LOT to learn.

First off, my companion's name is Hermana Lythgoe--and I actually know her :)  We had a class together at BYU last fall, so that was a pleasant surprise.  Then we went to our classroom and met our teacher, then to orientation with the MTC Presidency, dinner, and then an investigator "experience" with 3 different investigators where we had to do on the spot teaching, but within a group of 25-30 missionaries.  Let's just say I have a lot to learn :)

Found out that P-days ("P" for preparation, Lynds didn't write that I am to clarify for any visitors unfamiliar with the lingo) are on Tuesdays, which they say is the best day because it breaks up the week nicely.  Also, almost all the members in my district are going to Carlsbad, spanish speaking--all except one elder companionship who is going to Oklahoma.  There is another sister companionship in our district-Hna Adams and Hna Gardner.  We are all roommates, too.

I am feeling still overwhelmed, but I'm not really worried or scared or anything, just have had lots of info poured on me.  So overall, it's good...New and very different from anything ever before, but good. 

I am all unpacked, and compared to the other sisters, especially my companion, I packed very light.  The rooms aren't very homey, but they'll have to do.  One thing I realize is I don't have any pictures of my family!  Crazy and I can't believe I forgot those!  So if someone could please send some pictures, that would be great!

Well I don't really have much to say, my  mind is just so tired right now.  Thanks for being such a supportive and loving family!  You guys really are the best, and I love you more than you know!  Hope Katie is doing well and that the swelling goes down soon and that she can get back to her normal self quickly!

Even though this has been a crazy day already and this journey just began, I know I am doing what the Lord wants.  He knows of my desire to serve Him and He knows exactly what He wants me to become.  And I know that if I am faithful and follow the guidance of the Spirit, then I'll be able to be the instrument He needs in bringing people unto Christ.  I know that this is the true Church, and I am excited and scared all at the same time to really get started in doing the Lord's work.

Anyway, just wanted you all  to know how much I love you all and miss you already!  Can't wait to hear from you all soon.

Love, Hermana Whicker

P.S.  Oh and don't worry,  we got special permission  to write letters not on Pday :)  (because we are all so worried that Lyndsey is pretending to write in her journal and really writing us a letter to sneakily send in the mail the next morning.  What a silly billy.)

P.P.S Oh and I forgot to tell you that we have to teach our first investigator on FRIDAY (2 days) In complete Spanish!!  CRAZY.   And it'd be really nice to have that overcoat thing for the showers :)  LOVE YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment