Tuesday, June 4, 2013

4 June, Week 2, Transfer 8


I just don't even know where to start. Sounds like everyone's lives are pretty busy these days and the same is true here in Vista California.  So much. So much and I only have about 20 minutes to write...there were too many things to report on today and too many emails to read! ( but I love your emails...so don't stop writing:)

Hard week. Not gonna lie. It started off with an exchange to mission viejo, which was pure BLISS! Oh I LOVE the poepl up there will all of my heart. and I miss them dearly.  But I got to see some great ward members and Iris, Andrea, and Jose (who got baptized on saturday) and I got to help out one on the sisters I'm over a lot, and she helped me with some of my goals as well. So it was a very edifying trip. (Ali I'm only over spanish hnas). And then I cam eback to vista to an explosion. Well, just the baptism we were suposed to have last saturday with Alfredo ( the one investigator that was here when we got here) fell through and there was drama in the ward about it and it needed some calming down.

But the week ended nice yesterday by getting a blessing from our District Leader.  This area is dead- and we are trying to do our best to relight the fire, but it is hard!  We contacted 50 people yesterday and we got one return appointment...that we had to send in as a referral because she was outside of our area.  I love hna Lythgoe- but this is a difficult companionship in the sense that we have to work very hard to make our missionary work ' flow'. Whereas most of my others have been able to just 'flow' OR I was training, so it was easy to lead out. Whereas Hna L and I are both used to that (leading and directing the work), and it is just slow moving. We are wroking hard, and we just gotta keep going, it's just difficult sometimes!  We have some great moments though- we laugh all the time:)

Tomorrow we have to give a training to our whole Zone...and I am just...well... tired. I am exhausted all the time. Running has become the death of me, because I just want to SLEEP. I mi ght hibernate for a day or two when I get home! 

Last week we were told that we were speaking in sacrament meeting  about 30 minutes before it started....it was a nice "welcome to the ward" gift...STRESS. But it all worked out, so it was good.  Along with my falling up a hill of pure mud....yes I have talent:) There was a nice slide mark from my body that we got a kick out of...and I 'm sure the mexican man that watched it happen got a good laugh too:) 

Things here are good, just getting a nice dose of that "refining fire". This is a nice little movie clippet that made me change my mindset a littel bit about this hard experience. It's a good one and you guys should watch it ( here ). It's good just to stop and remember the "purpose' of why we are doing everythign that we are. It puts the 'desire' back in your heart and gives you the motivation and the energy to keep going. I know that there is nothing better than this work! It's worth every ounce of energy and hardship, because we are bringin people unto Christ- eternal salvation is what we are talkign about!  And it's worth it! I know it's  true. that's all there is to it. My MTC teacher always siad this, "It's true isn't it? So what else matters!?" Yes- it is true, so none of the difficulties matter:) Even though they're hard:) 

Sad to hear that Katie still is suffering, but glad there has been slight improvement!  

Ali, I am excited for Hank's birth!!! Are you doing 'Hypnobaby' again? REmember how funny that was when you would do it with Wade? and Perris would always fall asleep and I just smiled and watched? good memories.

Glad Gma Stones is functioning okay in the sunshine Terrace- I hope that she can improve rather than get worse!

What color of cast is Addie gonna get?  She's gonna love it:) And love the attention:)

Hope the Fords and the Harts have a fun time together:)

Time's up!

O I love you all! Hope you have a marvellous week!

Love, Hna Whicker

No comments:

Post a Comment